The past couple of days i’ve been watching Easy A. Well i’ve only seen it three times. I’ve seen the movie millions of times before but i didn’t own a copy until i got it for Christmas from my step dad. I first saw it at night and thought, gosh what a great movie. But it wasn’t one of those movies that i wanted to watch over and over again like Nick And Norah’s Infinite Playlist but i was wrong as usual. Ive seen it once on christmast day, early morning and again on december 26 and the 27th. And i kinda felt like i wanted to watch it again yesturday, and today, i’m craving to watch the movie. Yesterday i spent an hour browsing the internet learning facts and trivia about the movie. And turns out the screenplay writer loved to cuss. The script had often lots of f words, c words, and b words. But they all got removed the script for it to be appropriate for a pg-13 audience. Also if you go to FreeOlive.com, it leads you to the sony website. Maybe if i list the things that i love about the movie, i’ll know why i love the movie.
- Olive’s personality is amazing.
- The way she expresses herself during her broadcast is amazing.
- Olive is an outcast to the school and doesn’t cry about it like almost every teen today.
- Olive is considered a school slut when really she’s a nice person and picks up teens from their high school bullying misery.
- Olive embraces that she is considered a school slut and dresses more slutty. It’s a way of saying, oh fuck yeah bitches, i don’t care what you think.
- Olive is very clever.
- Olive has some nice boobs.
- Emma Stone is a great actress.
- Olive has some great comebacks. (i love comebacks.)
- Olive is a dreamer.
- I love narrations in a movie. And in this movie her narration is an online broadcast which seems like you are living the moment but really Olive is telling you the story. PLOT TWIST. Took me a while to understand that. I realized it after the second time i watched it when i was an proud owner of the movie.
Here are my favorite quotes from the movie that made me wish all these quotes were in a blog post written by me… So clever.
Olive Penderghast: Don’t you think it’s a little strange that your boyfriend is 22 years old and still in high school?
Marianne: Not that it’s any of your busniess, trollop, but he is here by choice.
Olive Penderghast: So it’s his choice that he’s a fourth year senior who can’t pass any test he takes?
Marianne: No, silly,
Marianne: His. His, with a capital H. If God wanted him to graduate than God would have given him the right answers.
Olive Penderghast: [laughs] I’m sorry, but, you gotta be shittin’ me, woman.
Olive Penderghast: Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80’s movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80’s movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life.
Olive Penderghast: You know, you call me bitch a lot okay. It’s not really a term of endearment.
Olive Penderghast: People thought I was a dirty skank? Fine. I’d be the dirtiest skank they’ve ever seen
Olive Penderghast: I used to be anonymous, invisible to the opposite sex. If Google Earth were a guy couldn’t find me if I was dressed up as a 10-story building
Olive Penderghast: I started piling on lie after lie. It was like setting up Jenga.
Olive Penderghast: [pretending to be drunk] I hope you don’t mind, but we had a few pre-cocktail party cocktails… like before the cocktail party… with cocktails
Olive Penderghast: [On web cam] And here you all are. Waiting for me outside the bedroom door for me to kiss Todd. Listening to me pretend to have sex with Brandon. Paying me to lie for you, and calling me every name in the book. And you know what? It was just like Hester in the Scarlet Letter. Except that’s the one thing movies don’t tell you: how shitty it feels to be an outcast. Warranted or not.
If i only had the brains… But now i really don’t give a fuck.